Use the following tips to keep your Kent washing machine running smoothly for years. Washers should be checked every three to six months to check the constant wear and tear they are subjected to.
- fill and drain hoses. Inspect these hoses every few months, as they are made of rubber and plastic and crack easily. Manufacturers recommend replacing these hoses every few years.
- check the leveling legs on your washer. If the legs are not level your washer will vibrate during the spin cycle. This can cause your washer to bang around and even “walk” away from the wall, which is not good for the machine. Just adjust the front and back legs so they are even and close to the ground.
- lint buildup. Washing machines collect lint during the wash cycle, and rinse it down with the water during draining. The washer tube should be checked every few months to make sure it isn’t clogged. If you have a Maytag washing machine the lint is collected in the center tube of the agitator.
- never overload your washing machine with clothes. This can shorten the lifespan of your appliance, and cause unnecessary strain on your washer’s hoses.
- simple outside cleaning. Just use some all-purpose cleaner and a sponge to clean the outside of your appliance.
Last, don’t forget to always unplug your appliances before you do any sort of cleaning or repair work on them. If your appliance does need further professional repair, call a Kent small appliance repairman.